The Super Four – Match 2 of the Asia Cup 2023 was played between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh on Saturday, 09 September 2023 at the R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.
Sri Lanka defeated Bangladesh by 21 runs in the Super Fours match of the Asia Cup 2023 on September 9, 2023, at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.
Sri Lanka batted first and scored 257-9 in 50 overs. Sadeera Samarawickrama top-scored with 93, while Dhananjaya de Silva made 34 and Charith Asalanka
Bangladesh started well in their chase, but they lost wickets regularly and were eventually bowled out for 236 in 49.3 overs. Towhid Hridoy top-scored with 82, while Liton Das made 34 and Mushfiqur Rahim 28.
The win helped Sri Lanka stay in contention for a place in the final. They will play India in their final Super Fours match on September 11.
Here are the top performers in the match:
- Sri Lanka
- Sadeera Samarawickrama: 93 runs (72 balls, 7 fours, 2 sixes)
- Dhananjaya de Silva: 34 runs (39 balls, 3 fours)
- Charith Asalanka: 31 runs (32 balls, 4 fours)
- Towhid Hridoy: 82 runs (93 balls, 8 fours, 2 sixes)
- Liton Das: 34 runs (42 balls, 4 fours)
- Mushfiqur Rahim: 28 runs (36 balls, 2 fours)
The match was played in good spirits and there were no significant incidents. The umpiring was also fair. Overall, it was a good match of cricket.